Multicultural Work Group
Our vision as a statewide learning collaborative is to educate, train, and promote the benefits of the values and principles of System of Care and the Wraparound Process.
To develop a network of supports to empower, validate and equip multicultural staff to provide individualized care.
Purpose of the Multicultural Group:
- Conduct census of bilingual/multicultural staff
- Define best practice standards in working with non-English families
- Conduct bilingual Wraparound trainings in other communities
- Create more awareness of resources available and how to access them
- Coordinate trainings in educational law/policy for families
- Provide more training on cultural awareness
CLAS Toolkit: Advancing Health Equity and Racial Justice in Children’s Behavioral Health
This free, self-guided toolkit is designed to help child- and family-serving organizations develop their own Health Equity Plans to advance health equity and to reduce racial injustice and health disparities within their organizations, services, and communities.
The toolkit is based on the National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health and Health Care (National CLAS Standards) and follows a four phase process for implementing those standards developed by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families, CHDI, Beacon Health Options, and Health & Equity, LLC.Download Now